Jan 6, 2016

Fiddle Leaf Fig

Just a few months ago, I had never heard of a fiddle-leaf fig.  Then I met Rachel (my BFF I call her), and was exposed to the wonderful world of Instagram.  Then over and over I saw this plant!  I made it my goal for 2016.



But finding one wasn’t as easy as I had hoped.  I was half tempted to order one from Amazon… what doesn’t Amazon have for sale?!

Finally, I found a small selection at Home Depot.  This beauty ran me $8.88, Score!






I then headed to Target for a basket.  I love the texture the basket adds to the plant, and it must have been my lucky day because the dollar spot wasn’t totally picked over yet (That never happens at my target). Oh annndd this basket was $10 on clearance! :)

The basket is deep and funny shaped being skinny at the top and wide at the bottom. The plants sat in it too low, so I stuck a metal cake plate I had in the bottom.  It gave it the perfect height so all of the leaves stick out for sun light.  Of course you can use anything, a box would probably work just fine (Rachel Butcher gets all the credit for that idea) ;)

Care for these beauties might you wonder?  When I brought it home the leaves where dirty and dusty. I took a paper towel and dabbed milk on it.  I read somewhere that the protein in milk is great for plants and helps make them stronger.  It also gives the leaves a beautiful shine.  I have heard many people say they do best in a room with lots of natural light or in front of a window.  They do well in climate 60-90 degrees, fertilize monthly, and water to maintain moderately moist soil.

And here are just a few more photos because I love it soo much!




Thank you so much for stopping by and hope you have a wonderful day :)

**Blog post courtesy of Morgan at The White Farmhouse Blog. Head over to her blog for more inspiration! 

3 comments:

I love this! I always wondered how to care for one and if I could. I think I may go search for one now! Great post :)

Ohhhhh, I want one so bad!!! Love your post.......welcome to the Everything Home Magazine blogging team!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...